Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- 2 Large eggs, separated
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. buttermilk or possibly sour lowfat milk
- Cream filling (recipe below)
- Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting (recipe below)
- 2 c. (21 ounce. can) cherry pie filling
- To sour lowfat milk: use 1 Tbsp. vinegar plus lowfat milk to equal 1 c..
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl till foamy; gradually beat in 1/2 c. sugar till stiff peaks form. Set aside. Combine flour, 1 c. sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl. Add in oil, buttermilk or possibly sour lowfat milk and egg yolks; beat till smooth. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Grease and flour 2 heart-shaped cake pans or possibly 9-inch layer pans; pour about 1 2/3 c. batter into each pan. (Reserve remaining batter in refrigerator while first 2 layers bake.) Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 min or possibly till cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cold 5 min; invert onto wire rack. Bake remaining layer; cold completely.
- Prepare Cream Filling. Place 1 layer on serving plate; pipe or possibly spoon 1-inch edge 1/2-inch thick around layer; spread 1/2 cherry filling in center. Top with second layer. Spread with 1/2 remaining Cream Filling.
- Top with third layer. Spoon remaining cherry filling onto top of cake, leaving 1-inch edge. Prepare Chocolate Whipped Cream. Frost sides of cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream. Pipe top edge with remaining Cream Filling. Refrigeratecompletely; store in refrigerator till serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||36%|
|Total Fat 12.56g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 1.41g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.28g|
|Total Carbs 45.95g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|