- 4 x Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each about 4 to 6 ounces
- 6 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Chopped garlic Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. Finely minced onion
- 1 1/2 c. Heavy cream
- 4 x Fresh sage leaves, minced, optional
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh parsley
- 12 ounce Rigatoni pasta, preferably multi-colored
- 1/3 c. Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Dry white wine
- 1 c. Crumbled Gorgonzola or possibly blue cheese, (4 ounces)
- 1/2 c. Grated fresh Parmesan cheese, (2 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped parsley for garnish
- TO MARINATE THE CHICKEN: Lightly lb. each chicken breast between 2 pcs of plastic wrap. In a glass or possibly porcelain dish, combine the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. of the oil and 1 tsp. of the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate the chicken in this mix, covered, in the refrigerator, for not more than 2 hrs.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: In a 2-qt saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the onion and remaining tsp. of garlic and cook stirring, over low heat, for 5 min or possibly till the onion is tender. Add in the cream and bring to a boil, add in the sage and parsley and remove from the heat. Set aside till later.
- TO MAKE THE PASTA AND COOK THE CHICKEN: In a stock pot, bring 3 qts of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for about 12 min or possibly according to directions on the box. Meanwhile remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Dip the chicken lightly in the seasoned flour on both sides. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and cook the chicken for about 5 min per side or possibly till completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil, keep hot.
- Add in the white wine to the skillet and boil, stirring with a wooden spoon till there are only 2 Tbsp. of liquid in the pan. Add in the reserved cream mix and bring to a boil, add in the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE DISH: Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pan, add in the sauce and toss till well combined. Divide the pasta between 4 dishes and top each portion with chicken. Garnish the chicken with chopped parsley and serve immediately.