This can be made with venison or goat, but doesn't play so well with chicken. A great stew to satisfy and pick most of the ingredients from your garden.
This recipe is for 2-3 people, so increase accordingly.
For wine buffs, a sturdy Shiraz or classic Cabernet marries well.
- 1 banana pepper
- 2-3 green tomatoes
- 2-3 ears of corn, cobbed
- 1/2 parilla pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 can Red Kidney beans
- I thick pork steak, cubed
- 2 tblsp minced garlic(may use dried)
- 1 cube tomato boullion
- 4 pinches of cumin
- fistful of fresh cilantro (chop)
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup water
- Cornbread, fresh baked or left over
- Chop all peppers, onion, and corn
- Saute in little olive oil in a deep skillet or wok w/ cumin
- Cubed meat should be browned in separate skillet
- Add browned, cubed meat, water and coffee and boullion cube
- crumble up the boullion cube if possible
- Add the red beans and cumin.
- Sprinkle mixture with minced garlic and cover for 15-20 minutes on med-low heat
- Stir well from the bottom and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread crumbled on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 606g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 95||23%|
|Total Fat 10.65g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.99g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 47.5g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.1g||44%|