Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- 2 c. Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or possibly margarine, melted and cooled.
- 1 x (14 oz) package Kraft caramels
- 3 x Ounces (6 Tbsp) heavy cream
- 3 x (8 oz) pkgs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. Sugar
- 3 x Large eggs
- Â Â Pecan halves for garnish (optional)
- Wrap outside of a 9 1/2" springform pan with aluminum foil. In a medium size bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar. Pour in cooled butter or possibly margarine and mix till well blended. Press mix into the bottom and about 2-1/4" up the side of springform pan. Set aside. To make the filling: Preheat the over to 350. Unwrap caramels and set 12 aside. Place remaining caramels and heavy cream in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, till caramels heat, about 30 min. In a medium size bowl, place cream-cheese and mix with an electric mixer till smooth and creamy. Slowly add in sugar and mix well. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Slowly fold in caramel mix. Pour half of cream cheese mix into crust. Flatten 6 of remaining caramels into medallions. Place randomly over filling. Carefully pour remaining cream cheese mix over flattened caramels. Flatten remaining 6 caramels into medallions and place in a ring pattern around edge of cheesecake. Place on baking sheet and bake 45 min.
- Remove from over, cover with a light towel (so it doesn't cold too quickly and crack) and cold to room temperature on wire rack.
- Chill several hrs or possibly overnight. If you like, decorate top with pecan halves placed in concentric circles. Cut with long knife dipped in warm water and wiped off.
- Makes 12 servings.
- fat and calories, make crust only on bottom. Reduce graham cracker crumbs to 1-1/4 C, sugar to 2 Tbsp and butter or possibly margarine to 1/4 c.
- (1/2 stick). In filling, substitute 3 (8 oz) pkgs. Neufchatel cheese (like Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese) for cream cheese.
- Note:This version tends to crack more after baking.)
- to use melted caramels instead of medallions, place the 12 reserved caramels and 1 Tbsp lowfat milk or possibly cream in the top of a double boiler over simmering water till melted. Or possibly place in a microwave-proof container and microwave on high (100% power) till melted, about 1 minute. Pour half the cheesecake mix over crust and drizzle half the caramel mix over top. Add in remaining cheesecake mix, drizzle remaining caramel mix over top. Bake as directed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 332||49%|
|Total Fat 37.75g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 19.35g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 77.95g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|