how to candied fruit i love this with angel food cake
Prep time: 10-60 minutes
Cook time: 10-40 minutes
Cost per recipe $7.61 view details
- 1 can Fruit salad (or other canned fruit or fresh if your up to all the cutting)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey (or brown sugar,agave nectar or corn syrup)
- 1 cup or 1 1/2 cup Water
- Combine sugar honey and water in Large Saucepan.
- Bring to boil of med -low until mixture reaches 235 on candy thermometer.
- Drop a small handful of fruit and cook 10-20 minutes
- using a slotted spoon remove the fruit ( i place it on a cooling rack with wax paper underneath or a tray covered with wax paper) allow to cool can take up to 2 or 3 days to set completely some people oven dry it by baking it at 120f for 18 to 24 hours.
- Store in airtight container.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1313g|
|Calories from Fat 3||0%|
|Total Fat 0.33g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 570.67g||152%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|