Nowhere near as creamy as Supriya's, but the flavor, texture and aroma are way over the top! And these chicken thighs are over the top of some basmati rice.
Other than Tandoori chicken, this is one Indian recipe that is widely liked all over the world.So, it deserved a post on my account. Specially because this is one thing that my two year old happily consumes without me running after her.
- 1 pound chicken with bones
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 150 gm chopped onion
- 100 gm chopped tomato
- 150 ml tomato puree
- 50 gm ginger
- 1/3 cup cream
- 15 almonds soaked in water overnight
- 50 ml milk for making almond paste
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 50gm butter for frying chicken
- 50 ml oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Clean chicken thoroughly
- Marinate in yougurt, 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Let it rest in refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours
- Make a fine paste of almonds with milk and set aside.
- Fry marinated chicken in 50 gm butter till golden brown, set aside.
- Make a fine paste of onion,tomato and ginger.
- Heat 50 ml oil in a pan and fry the onion,tomato,ginger paste for 10 min.(keep stirring regularly such that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan).
- Add the fried chicken to the pan, mix well such that the onion mixture evenly coats the chicken.
- Add 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, Garam masala, chilly powder,salt, and sugar.
- Mix well.Cover the pan.
- Let chicken cook at low heat for 7 min.
- Add tomato puree and almond paste to the chicken. Mix.
- Let the chicken simmer at low heat until tender.
- Mix 1/3 cup fresh cream and mix will.Let it come to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 222g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 285||73%|
|Total Fat 32.16g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11.25g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 12.24g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|