14 Jan is marked as beginning of spring in India and we celebrate it by eating sesame seeds ladoo, peanuts and popcorn.I decided to give a twist to the regular sesame seeds and mix it with my all time favorite chocolate to come up with this recipe. It turned out really well. Try!
- 175 gm dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 12 marie biscuits
- Grind sesame seeds into coarse paste and mix it with powdered molasses. You can substitute it with brown sugar also.Keep it aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Slowly stir in cream and sugar, such that it blends well with the chocolate.
- Mix three fourth of the sesame seed mix to the chocolate batter.Save the rest for dusting the cake at the end.
- In a serving dish, layer marie biscuits and soak them in coffee by pouring coffee with the help of the spoon such that all the liquid gets absorbed well.
- Pour half of the chocolate sesame mix on the top, spread it so that it evenly covers the biscuit.
- Make another layer of coffee soaked marie biscuit.
- Pour rest of the chocolate sesame mix on the top and spread evenly.
- Now dust the remaining (one fourth)sesame seed mix on the top.
- Let it set for 4-5 hours at room temp.(temp should not exceed 20 C)
- Before serving, dip knife in hot water and cut a slice of the cake. Serve it with your favorite ice-cream.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||51%|
|Total Fat 9.38g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.63g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 18.33g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|