Bruschetta does not need any introduction whatsoever....it is a quick a brilliant way to start your meal. It originated in Central Italy and some think it dates back to the 15th century!! One of the best secrets of it is, that the more fresh the tomatoes are, the better the Bruschetta mixture. So here goes our version...just adjust the amount of ingredients to your liking. So go on try it as an appetizer, snack, starter...whatever....just dig in!!!!!
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes [The best ones you can find], chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, hand torn
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- Switch on your grill, whilst the grill is heating up, rub the garlic on the bread with your hand.
- Grill the bread. While the bread is grilling, make the tomato mixture by combining the tomatoes, any remaining garlic, basil, pepper and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly but gently until well mixed.
- Put the mixture on the grilled bread and dress with more extra-virgin olive oil.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.44g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|