Arroz con chorizo, pimientos y garbanzos - Rice with chorizo, red peppers & chickpeas Recipe
This is one of our favourite rice dishes. It tastes like Spain :) The flavours are so intense. The chorizo gives the dish a kick, the red peppers give it a beautiful colour and taste, the chickpeas give it a great crunch. Our secret in making this rice dish even more tasty is that we boil the rice in turmeric scented water. You just put a teaspoon of turmeric in the water before boiling and the rice will taste incredibly good and obviously it will have the turmeric's vivacious yellow colour. It is very easy to make...so go on...give it a go!
- 200g Chorizo, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 2 small red peppers, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 250g rice - (we use two 125g boil-in-bag rice bags)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Start by boiling the rice in the turmeric water. (1 teaspoon of turmeric in the water)
- Fry the onion in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add the pepper and chorizo and stir well. Cook until the peppers are soft.
- Check the rice...if ready set aside.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chickpeas to the chorizo/peppers mixture and simmer for a couple of minutes until tomatoes and chickpeas are warm.
- Add the mixture to the rice and stir carefully again to mix all the ingredients.
- Serve with extra olive oil.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 296g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||26%|
|Total Fat 14.92g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5.08g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 72.06g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||27%|