Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 1 x spiny lobster - (6 lbs)
- 6 Tbsp. clarified butter
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced white part of scallion
- 1 x garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 c. diced carrot
- 4 x parsley stalks finely minced
- 1 x bay leaf
- 2 sprg thyme (or possibly 1/2 tspn dry thyme)
- 1/4 c. brandy
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 5/8 c. fish stock
- 10 ounce tomato peeled, and roughly minced Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp curry pwdr
- 2 x egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- Preheat oven to broil. Remove lobster head and rinse well. Remove claws, and legs. Remove meat from claws and cut up roughly. Break up lobster shell. Split lobster tail down the center, careful not to cut all the way through.
- In a large casserole dish or possibly roasting pan, add in 3 Tbsp. clarified butter, the onion, scallion, garlic, and carrot. Saute/fry over medium heat for a few min. Add in parsley stalks, bay leaf, and thyme. Add in the lobster head, claws, and legs. Saute/fry till the shells turn bright red.
- Add in the brandy and flambe. Douse the flames with the wine and fish stock. Add in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, brush a broiler rack with rest of clarified butter. Place lobster tail on rack, cut-side down. Broil for 8 min. Turn, drizzle cut side with a little clarified butter and cook another 6 min. Remove the flesh from the shell and cut into chunks. Keep hot on a heated serving dish.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve into a small, clean pan. Add in curry pwdr. Whisk together egg yolks and cream. Whisk into sauce, stirring quickly to avoid curdling. Pour sauce over lobster pcs to serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: This dish started out as a mistake and wound up a superb new idea.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||55%|
|Total Fat 20.19g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 12.13g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.26g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|