This is a variation of a dish done by an unbelievably talented French chef called Gerald Passedat. He is a master seafood cook and one helluva big Olympique de Marseille supporter. The flavorful porcini mushroom broth compliments the oven-roasted lobster tail.
- 1 - 7oz frozen spiny lobster tail
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 green zucchini
- 2 leaves radicchio
- knob of unsalted butter
- olive oil
- For the porcini mushrooms
- 2 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups hot water - 180 F
- For the broth: All vegetables small dice
- 1 white onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 leek (white & light green parts only)
- 2 shallots
- 2 bonitao - (white fleshed sweet potato)
- 5 oz bacon
- 1 satchel - (black peppercorns & rosemary)
- 2 tbs poultry seasoning
- 350 ml of Gewurztraminer wine
- 1 cup cooked capellini pasta
- Soak the porcini mushrooms for 20 minutes in the hot water.
- Using a spider remove the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Strain the mushroom liquid through a chinois lined with cheesecloth.
- In a stockpot cook the bacon till lightly browned.
- Add the onion, boniato, leek, carrot, celery, shallots, and porcini mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover the vegetables with the wine and strained porcini liquid.
- Add the satchel and the poultry seasoning.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Strain through a chinois. Keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Blanch the lobster tail in boiling water for three minutes.
- Remove the meat from the shell.
- Remove the intestinal tract.
- Season the lobster tail with butter, olive oil, sea salt and white pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut ribbons of carrot and zucchini, roughly the same width and length. Long enough to wrap over the lobster tail.
- Using a paring knife do the same with the radicchio.
- Remove the lobster tail from the oven and garnish with alternating pieces of carrot, radicchio, and zucchini.
- Roll the capellini on a carving fork.
- Lay the lobster tail on the pasta.
- Pour the broth around.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1626g|
|Calories from Fat 618||31%|
|Total Fat 68.84g||86%|
|Saturated Fat 22.37g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 220.95g||59%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.4g||55%|