Cost per serving $1.99 view details
- 1/4 tsp Crushed dry red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Frech ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seed, crushed
- 1 stk cinnamon, about 2" long
- 1/8 tsp Cumin seed, opt.
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 sm Onion, finely minced
- 1/2 c. Orange juice
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 4 x Ripe pears, peeled, seeded & finely cubed
- 2 x Granny Smith apples, peeled, seeded & & finely cubed
- 1/3 c. Dates, minced
- 1/2 c. Pecans, minced
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- 1 x Wheel of Brie, (3 pounds)
- Combine first 5 ingredients on a small plate. Heat butter in a 3 qt squcepan. When butter is just melted, add in the combined spices and saute/fry for 1 to 2 min, just to release flavors. Add in onion and saute/fry till onion is just tender. Don't brown. Add in orange juice, and sugar. Stir till sugar dissolves. Stir in pears and apples. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook till thick, about 20 to 30 min. Stir often to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat. Add in dates and pecans. Cold to room temperature. Serve over slivers of Brie or possibly on top of a 3 lb. wheel.
- Suggested Wine: Lamoreaux Landing Estate White
- NOTES : For added texture, stir in 1/2 c. minced apple with dates. Can= be garnished with minced red apple and broad leaf parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 350g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 98||24%|
|Total Fat 11.45g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.15g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 83.69g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|