This amazing breakfast offers a terrific balance of carbs, protein, and fat. We skipped the traditional hollindaise in favor of fresh avocado and salsa. It's quick, easy and makes for a gorgeous presentation. Fantastico!
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 2 large farm fresh eggs
- 2-3 c raw fresh spinach
- 4 tbs fresh salsa
- 2 tbs fresh avocado
- garlic powder and salt to taste
- Place eggs in skillet over medium heat and cood according to preference (suggestion: over-easy).
- Steam spinach for approxmately 5 minutes, or until thoroughly wilted. Drain excess water.
- Toast english muffing according to preference.
- Mix avocado in small bowl with garlic powder and salt according to taste.
- Spread avocado onto halves of toasted english muffin.
- Place one egg on each muffin half.
- Place steamed spinach onto each muffin half.
- Spoon salsa onto each muffin half.
- Pair with a small fruit salad or a huge helping of veggies.
- (Approximate calories: 225 per serving)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 142g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 62||39%|
|Total Fat 6.92g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.83g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.32g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|