The Garbanzo Bean is an excellent source of protein. This recipe is a famous South Indian dish and is normally taken as a side dish.
Servings: 4 Person
Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 1 can Black Garbanzo Bean
- 1 big/ 2 medium size Onions- thin long chopped
- 2 big/ 3 medium size tomatoes- thin long chopped
- 1 inch ginger, 2 green chilies and 1 whole garlic- make it into a paste by using a blender.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 tsp coriander powder.
- 1 1/2 kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 cumin powder.
- 1 cardamom
- 1/2 cumin seeds.
- 1/2 coriander seeds.
- Salt as required.
- Coriander leaves.
- 3 tablespoon Oil.
- Wash the Black Garbanzo Beans very nicely. Soak it overnight with water/ soak it for 8 to 10 hours. Drain out the water from it.
- Now, heat the pressure cooker. Add oil into it. Add onion, ginger, green chili and garlic paste. Once the onion caramelized, add a pinch of salt. Add tomatoes, reduce the flame- wait for 2 minute, then add all spices- turmeric powder, coriander powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Mix well for 2 minutes then put the flame maximum. Wait for all tomatoes to mash/ dissolve in it.
- Now, add all the Black Garbanzo Bean, Mix well, till you see the oil coming out from the mixture.
- Add water till the Black Garbanzo Bean cover into it and add salt (as desired/ i have added 1 1/2 tsp salt).
- Close the pressure cooker. Wait for 7 to 8 whistles. Let the pressure release out from the cooker. Once the pressure sound stops, open the lid, pick one of the chick pea and check if it is soft/ if not, then close the lid again and cook for another 3 to 4 whistles.
- Roast the cumin, coriander and cardamom seeds, till you get a nice aroma/ when the color slightly changes to brown. (NOTE: DONOT OVERHEAT IT and keep it on LOW FLAME while you roast it).
- Then blend it in the food processsor. Add this mixture in the pressure cooker, mix well.
- Check out the salt. Add water as desired. Add little coriander leaves and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot with putte/ appem.Thank you so much for going through my recipe. Kindly try it and comment on my blog.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 124g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||45%|
|Total Fat 11.67g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.26g|
|Total Carbs 26.2g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|