Cost per serving $15.14 view details
- 3 lt sunflower oil for deep fat frying
- 500 gm white fish fillets such as sole plaice whiting or possibly brill skinned and cut into small bite sized pcs
- 3 Tbsp. flour for dipping
- 8 x flour tortillas wrapped together loosely in foil
- Â Â soured cream to serve
- Â Â salsa:
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 3 x tomatoes seeded and minced
- 100 x mm chunk of cucumber diced
- 1 sm red onion finely minced
- 2 clv garlic finely minced
- 1 x fresh green chilli seeded and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. coriander leaves freshly minced
- 125 gm plain flour
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 250 ml bitter beer
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper 1egg white whisked
- Aga equipment:wire shelf on second set of runners in roasting oven
- Pour the oil into a suitable pan for deep fat frying then heat it uncovered on the floor of the roasting ovenfor 20 to 25 min.
- Heat a frying pan on the boiling plateuntil proportionately warm then toss in the cumin seeds and dry fry for just a few seconds till starting to brown and spit.
- Cold slightly then crush with a pestle and mortar or possibly with the end of a rolling pin.
- To make the salsa mix the cumin seeds with the remaining ingredients then leave to stand for at least 30 min for the flavours to blend and develop.
- Prepare the batter by combining the flour oil and beer into a smooth paste with a little seasoning.
- Whisk the egg white till stiff and fold it into the batter just before using. Crumple lots of kitchen paper on a plate to drain the fish after frying.
- Transfer the oil to the boiling plateand continue heating till it reaches 180C. Place the foil packet of tortillas in the roasting ovento heat through.
- Toss the fish in the flour then dunk the pcs into the batter.
- Cook the fish in the warm oil for 3 to 4 min till the batter is crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on the crumpled kitchen paper.
- To serve spoon some of the salsa on to each warmed tortilla then add in pcs of fish in batter and top with lowfat sour cream.
- Dont be too generous or possibly you wont be able to wrap the filling up in the tortillas.
- Eat immediately!
- I cook a lot of Tex Mexstyle food and I confidently predict which .soft tacos are going to be The popular Mexican dish. They are often served from stalls on Australian and Californian beaches lets hope which happens in the UK soon!
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1024g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6275||96%|
|Total Fat 709.79g||887%|
|Saturated Fat 73.92g||296%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.15g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|