Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 4 x McIntosh apples
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1/2 stk unsalted butter cut into bits
- 2 Tbsp. light rum
- 4 x cinnamon sticks - (3" ea)
- Â Â Mint leaves, for garnish,
- Â Â if you like
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Peel and core the apples, leaving them whole. Slice the apples horizontally into even 1/4-inch-thick slices, reassemble the slices to create whole apple shapes, and brush the apples with the lemon juice. Put the apples in a pie plate, fill the cavities with some of the brown sugar, butter, and rum, and sprinkle the apples with the remaining brown sugar, butter, and rum.
- Bake the apples in the middle of the oven, basting frequently, for 25 min. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, insert the cinnamon sticks in the cavities of the apples, and bake the apples, basting frequently, for 20 min more, or possibly till they are tender and browned well and the juices are thick and syrupy.
- Divide the apples among 4 plates, spoon the syrup over them, and garnish the apples with the mint leaves.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||59%|
|Total Fat 11.46g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7.26g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.48g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|