Cost per serving $2.81 view details
- 5 x Chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, or possibly marg
- 10Â 3/4 ounce Cream of Celery soup, condensed
- 1/2 c. Dry sherry
- 1 tsp Tarragon or possibly rosemary leaves, (I like rosemary)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic pwdr, or possibly garlic salt
- 8 ounce Canned mushrooms, liquid removed
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in Crock-Pot. In a saucepan,combine remaining ingredients and heat till smooth and warm. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hrs. (I did iton higher heat to speed things up. I added boiled potatoes and some paprika towards the end.) For the first time ever, I used those frzn boneless skinless bags of chicken. NOT BAD! Also, I have never been one to cook with canned soups before: have learned my lesson. Once cooked in this recipe, you can't tell there is canned soup as base for sauce. This is delish!!!
- NOTES : I think this could be made in oven or possibly on top of stove. Hint: Rival's recipe called for 4 ounces of mushrooms, but I doubled the quantity. You could leave them out if you do not like mushrooms. I had no Cream of Chicken soup and sub'd Cream of Celery. It was soooooo goooood which I think I'll just stick with Celery in the future!!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 276g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 182||49%|
|Total Fat 20.34g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7.32g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 10.15g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|