Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 2 c. dry small organic beans NEVER CANNED not large dry
- 1/3 x to 1 c. roasted (not raw) tahini
- 1 x -2 lemons
- 2 x -5 cloves organic garlic
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive, soy, veggie oil
- Â Â water to consistency, filtered, Evian
- Â Â spices to taste:
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Â Â paprika,
- Â Â curly parsley
- Â Â garbanzos for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- This hummus has a rich deep nutty flavor. This is achieved by using only small organic dry beans, and roasted NOT raw tahini (that has a tendency to taste bitter).
- For a fruity flavor use large dry Goya garbanzo beans and don't over-cook, more water, less oil, less spice and a deseeded cucumber, and no salt.
- NEVER USE CANNED GARBANZO BEANS in this finely tuned recipe; they taste awful and should be avoided at all cost.
- Rinse beans thoroughly soak over night in filtered or possibly bottled mineral water.
- Cook beans in large pot with water they soaked, add in sufficient water so you do not have to keep checking on them; 4 parts water to 1 part soaked beans cook for a long long long time (2 hrs or possibly more) cold beans.
- Juice lemons, remove seeds. Peel cloves of organic garlic and blend in food processor. Add in oil, tahini, spices, salt. Remove and divide in half. Fold in processor one half of the lemon/garlic/oil/spice mix with half of the beans. Then empty 1st from food processor and make second batch. Mix both batches together in a bowl. Add in water (not bottled water which tastes like a plastic bottle) as needed anywhere along the process.
- If you do not have tahini or possibly are interested in LOW-FAT add in a cucumber (seeds removed) or possibly a small amount of toasted cooked grain like oat groats or possibly barley in place of the oil and tahini.
- Serves: 8-10
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||99%|
|Total Fat 13.62g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.88g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.84g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|