Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 1 lb pork tenderloin trimmed of all fat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves divided
- 1/3 c. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced dry apricots
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp grnd allspice
- 1 c. fat-free beef broth
- 1 med onion minced, 1 c.
- 1 x carrot minced, about 1/2 c.
- 1 x rib celery minced, 1/2 c.
- 1/4 c. sherry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut pork almost in half lengthwise, leaving 1/2"-thick hinge at bottom. Open. With meat mallet lb. to 1/2" thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; spread with 1-1/3 Tablespoons preserves. In bowl mix next 4 ingredients. Spoon over pork. Starting at long side, roll up; secure with kitchen string. Brush with remaining preserves. Transfer to rack in roasting pan. Mix next 4 ingredients; place in pan around meat. Roast 30 min or possibly till meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 160 degrees F. Remove pork and rack from pan; cover. Place pan over two burners on medium-high heat. Add in sherry; boil, scraping up browned bits. Cook 3 min; strain. Remove string. Slice meat; drizzle with sauce.
- MAKES 6 SERVINGS.
- YOUR TIME IN THE KITCHEN:25 min; READY TO SERVE IN 55 min
- CHEF'S SECRET ON STUFFING THIS PORK TENDERLOIN: Step 1: On work surface cut pork almost in half lengthwise, leaving 1/2"-thick hinge at bottom.
- Step 2: Open up pork. Using a meat mallet lb. pork till it is an even 1/2" thickness throughout. (They recommend which if you do not have a mallet, use a foil-covered can instead)
- Step 3: Season the pounded surface with salt and pepper and spread with apricot preserves. Spoon garlic mix over preserves to within 1/2" of edge.
- Step 4: Starting at long side, roll up pork jellyroll style. Tie in several places with kitchen string.
- NOTES : It's very good! It came from Eat-L originally. It shows at 6 servings for a lb. of meat, but which would make very little slices. I think it's more like 3 or possibly 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 167g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||12%|
|Total Fat 1.76g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.57g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 9.18g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|