This tasty and colorful low calorie appetizer consists of a simple to make Italian chopped salad mounded into cooked pasta shells. You can prep everything the night before and then added the dressing and stuff the shells an hour before your guests arrive. They’re easy enough to pop right in your mouth but some might want it served on a small plate with a fork and knife.Try this delightful appetizer at your next party or make them for the family to enjoy. Watch them quickly disappear too!
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
SKINNY FACTS: for one shell
73 calories, 2.6g fat, 3g protein, 9g csrbs, 1g fiber, 195mg sodium, 1g sugar
- Â½ cup Cardiniâs Light Caesar Vinaigrette Dressing refrigerated, see shopping tip
- 24 jumbo pasta shells (~ 8 ounces)
- 1 bag romaine lettuce, chopped into small pieces
- 1Â¼ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- â cup reduced-fat salami, chopped, see shopping tip
- â cup (about 20) Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced into pieces
- Â½ cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Â¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the shells according to package directions (al dente). Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- Start with Â½ cup dressing and toss lightly. Stuff each cooked shell.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||19%|
|Total Fat 0.38g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.19g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.43g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|