Cost per recipe $23.87 view details
- 1 pkt (2 1/2 t.) dry yeast
- 1 c. Hot water (105-115 degrees F), Or possibly
- 1/4 c. Hot water and 3/4 c. hot lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. Sugar, (up to 1/3)
- 1/3 c. Unsalted butter or possibly margarine
- 1 lrg Egg
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 c. Bread or possibly unbleached all-purpose flour approximately
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter or possibly margarine, softened
- 1Â 1/4 c. Almond paste, about 12 ounce.
- 1/4 c. Packed brown sugar, (up to 1/2)
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 x Egg, beaten with
- 1 Tbsp. Water, (Egg wash)
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 c. of the hot water. Stir in 1 tsp. of the sugar and let stand till foamy, about 5 min.
- Add in the remaining water, remaining sugar, butter, egg, and salt. Blend in 1 1/2 c. of the flour. Add in sufficient of the remaining flour, 1/2 c. at a time, to make a workable dough.
- On a lightly floured surface or possibly in a mixer with a dough hook, knead the dough, adding more flour as needed, till smooth and springy, about 5 min. Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover loosely with a towel or possibly plastic wrap and let rise in a hot, draft-free place till nearly double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly int eh refrigerator overnight. Punch down the dough.
- To make the filling: Beat the butter till smooth, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in the almond paste. Add in the sugar and almond extract and beat till smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an 18-by-12-inch rectanble about 1/4 inch thick. Or possibly divide the dough in half and roll each half into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Spread proportionately with the filling, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Starting from a long side, roll up jelly-roll style, pinching the seams to seal. Place, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet and bend into a horseshoe shape or possibly ring. Cover and let rise till nearly double in bulk, about 45 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush the cake with the egg wash. Bake till it is golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom, about 40 min. If the cake looks as if it is starting to burn, cover loosely with foil, dull side down. Let cold on the baking sheet for 10 min, then transfer to a rack to cold.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1954g|
|Calories from Fat 2606||44%|
|Total Fat 298.66g||373%|
|Saturated Fat 122.64g||491%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 697.14g||186%|
|Dietary Fiber 37.5g||125%|