Delicious meatballs in a fantastic sauce.
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $2.85 view details
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, seeded (about 6)
- 3 garlic cloves
- KNEAD together the ground beef, eggs, onion, rice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- FORM bite-size (1 inch) meatballs with the ground meat, and arrange them in one layer in a large 14-inch skillet or Dutch oven (or use 2 smaller skillets, or brown in batches).
- ONCE the skillet is filled, place it over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on both sides, about 15 minutes on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
- COMBINE the tomatoes and garlic in the container of a blender or food processor. Add 2 cups of water and pureÃ© well.
- ADD the pureÃ© to the skillet, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- TO prevent the meatballs from scorching, occasionally lift with a spatula-do not stir or they might break apart. Meatballs are done at about the time when the rice is cooked.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 578g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 548||58%|
|Total Fat 60.77g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 23.95g||96%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.74g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|