Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 7 1/2 ounce All-purpose flour
- 2 ounce Cocoa Pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 ounce Chocolate -- broken in 16 Pieces
- 4 ounce Unsweetened Chocolate -- Broken in 8 pieces
- 12 ounce Light Brown Sugar
- 6 ounce Unsalted Butter
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 lb Chocolate Chips
- [Note: Instead of the unsweetened chocolate, I just used an extra 4ozs of plain chocolate, and got perfect results. I think as long as you're using
- *really* good plain chocolate, say at least 55% cocoa solids, it doesn't really matter!]
- Preheat the oven to 325F / 170C / Gas 3.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa pwdr, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. Place the plain and the unsweetened chocolates in the top half of the double boiler. Tightly cover the top with cling film and allow to heat for 12 to 15 min. Remove from the heat and stir till smooth. Keep at room temperature till needed.
- Place the soft light brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl and beat on high for an additional 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add in the Large eggs, one at a time, while beating on medium, and stopping to scrape down the bowl after incorporating each addition. Add in the vanilla essence and beat on medium for 30 seconds. Add in the melted chocolate and beat on low for 10 seconds more. Scrape down the bowl and beat for an additional 30 seconds. Add in the sifted flour, cocoa pwdr, bicarbonate of soda, and salt, and the chocolate chips, and beat on low till thoroughly combined - about 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer and mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Portion 6 to 8 biscuits per baking sheet by dropping 2 level Tbsp. of batter per biscuit onto each of 2 non-stick baking sheets. Place the biscuits on the top and middle shelves of the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 22 min, rotating the sheets from top to bottom about halfway through the baking time. Allow the biscuits to cold for 5 to 6 min on the baking sheets. Transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack to thoroughly cold before storing in a sealed plastic container. Repeat this
- procedure till all the biscuits have been baked.
- Makes 3 to 3. 5 dozen biscuits
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 391||52%|
|Total Fat 44.73g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 27.47g||110%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 87.57g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|