There are hundreds of ways to make stuffing. It can be moist or dry, prepared with French, sourdough, or cornbread, adding ingredients such as sausages, oysters, onions, mushrooms or chestnuts, to name a few. The possibilities are endless…I know how hectic the holiday’s can be so I’ve made it easier by starting with a box of Mrs. Cubbison’s Stuffing. The box is filled with seasoned dried bread cubes. The key to making this recipe skinny is what’s added to it. I’ve added a medley of vegetables sautéed in reduced-fat butter and sprinkled in a few dried cranberries for color. One skinny serving has 186 calories, 5.9 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. If made with regular butter, one serving has 214 calories ad 13.4 grams of fat. This stuffing recipe makes a terrific side dish anytime for chicken, beef or pork.
- Â½ cup reduced-fat butter
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup leeks, sliced (~ 1 leek, white and light green part only)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (10 oz) box Mrs. Cubbisonâs Cube Stuffing, Herb Seasoned
- 1 (14 oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Â¼ cup dried cranberries
- Â¼ teaspoon dried sage
- Â½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Coat a casserole dish (about 11 x 8 , a 3 quart rectangle dish) with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large pan melt the reduced-fat butter. Add the onions, mushrooms, leeks, celery and sautÃ© the vegetables until soft and transparent.
- 3. In a large bowl, add the cube stuffing, vegetables, chicken broth, cranberries, sage and pepper. Mix well.
- 4. Spread stuffing into a casserole dish.
- 5. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes until piping hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||79%|
|Total Fat 11.7g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.33g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.42g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|