United States Chef
Parsley Sage Profile
I love food. I take pictures of food in restaurants. I take pictures of food I cook at home. I take pictures of people eating food. I memorize recipes and exchange them with everyone I know hoping they will give me some of their recipes I can make. I take vacations based primarily on how many good restaurants I can visit while I'm there. I like playing video games where I can grow food and then cook it. Get the picture? A friend suggested that I start a food blog. So here it is....
When I was younger, there wasn't much cooking in the house. I was a picky eater anyway and pretty much lived on mac n'cheese and peanut butter sandwiches. I was, however, addicted to the TV show 'Great Chefs.' 13 years old, I'd rush home to watch the program right after school. It wasn't until I got married that I started to experiment with cooking. I had an absolute blast and ever since, I've been collecting recipes from books, friends and now, online.
- The Good Housekeeping Cookbook (Good Housekeeping)
- My cooking bible!
- Cookin' & Laughin' (Suzi Soto)
- Caymanian Fare
- Michael's Genuine Food (Michael Schwartz)
Chefs I recommend
- Matthias Nickchen (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- Unique food pairings that spice up the island
- Roland Schoffer (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- No menus, you eat what you're given and lick the plate clean
- Ron Hargraves (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- Australian Carib Fusion, bring on the Jerk Kangaroo!
Restaurants I Recommend
- The Cracked Conch (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- Roland's Garden (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- Yoshi's Sushi (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
Leave a comment
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free!
DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable, Killer Startups & San Jose Mercury News