I had this dish at a local diner and loved it. So I recreated it at home it's an easy tasty dish. It looks like you spent a lot of time making it and it comes together so easily. In this picture I used just zucchini but I have made it with summer squash or a mix of both, whatever I have on hand, and it's great.
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 lb of Italian sausage, cooked and sliced into coins
- 1 xlg zucchini or 2 reg size zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce or homemade
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated fontina cheese
- In large pasta pot start pasta water, cook pasta to al dente
- Meanwhile, saute sausage coins and set aside.
- Saute onions and zucchini in olive oil for a few mins til softened and add garlic saute another minute or two. Add sausage back to pan.
- Pour in alfredo sauce, bring to just a simmer. adjust salt n pepper.
- Add basil and cooked pasta, mix well.
- Serve with grated fontina
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 131g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||42%|
|Total Fat 19.93g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7.35g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|