Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 2 c. water
- 8 ounce uncooked seasoned black beans-and-rice mix
- 4 lrg green bell peppers about 1 3/4 pounds
- 1 c. shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 10 ounce diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained canned
- 8 3/4 ounce no-salt-added whole kernel corn liquid removed
- 2 1/4 ounce sliced ripe olives liquid removed
- 12 ounce Mexican amber lager such as Dos Equis
- 6 ounce no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1. Bring 2 c. water to a boil in a saucepan; stir in bean-and-rice mix. Return to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 min or possibly till water is absorbed (beans and rice will still be crunchy), stirring after 6 min. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. Cut tops off bell peppers; throw away stems. Chop pepper tops to measure 1 c.. Remove seeds and membranes from peppers; throw away. Combine bean-and-rice mix, 1 c. minced bell pepper, cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Spoon mix proportionately into bell peppers. Arrange stuffed peppers, up-right, in a 4 qt electric slow cooker.
- 3. Combine beer and tomato paste in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour mix over tops of stuffed peppers. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 4 hrs or possibly till beans and rice are tender. Serve tomato sauce with stuffed peppers.
- Yield: 4 servings. (serving size: 1 stuffed pepper and about 1/3 c. tomato sauce)
- Selections: 2 B, 3 P/M, 2 FR/V. Points: 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 410g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 150||60%|
|Total Fat 16.77g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.39g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.83g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||19%|