- Ingredients for Starter Dough : (for 2 pans recipe)
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 5 tspn yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Ingredients for Main Dough :
- 1-1/2 cups lukewarm milk
- 250gm butter, softened
- 200gm sugar
- 3 tspn salt
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rum
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- starter dough
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- cocoa mixture : 2 tbsp cocoa powder + 1-1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup raisins + 1/2 cup dried cranberries + 1 lemon rinds
- (coat 2 pans with butter and cover with flour)
- Starter dough : combine all ingredients and mix well, leave to rest for about 30mins or untill double it size.
- combine butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, rum, eggs and milk in a big bowl then beat till well mixed.
- add in starter dough and continue beating till combined and smooth.
- now stir in flour slowly till everything is well combined.
- withdraw 1/3 portion of dough and mix with cocoa mixture till well combined.
- and add raisins & cranberries into the large portion of dough then mix to combine.
- let both dough rest in separate bowl for about an hour or till double in size. Cover both dough with towel.
- place chocolate dough onto a slightly floured working table and shape it to a ball.
- now, again withdraw 1/3 portion of berries dough and place it to the chocolate dough.
- make a hole in the centre and then place it to the pan, place the leftover dough to another pan as well; and keep them covered.
- leave both dough rest for 15-20mins.
- finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 40-45 mins or till brown.
- leave cool & top with icing sugar before slicing