Cost per serving $1.87 view details
- 4 lrg artichokes
- 2 c. focaccia or possibly herbed bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash artichokes under cool running water. Cut off stems at base and remove small bottom leaves. Cut off top quarter of artichokes; throw away. Spread leaves, remove center leaves and fuzzy centers with a spoon; throw away.
- Toss bread crumbs with cheese, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Stuff bread crumb mix between leaves of artichokes and fill centers. Place stuffed artichokes in a 9 inch square baking dish. Pour 2 c. boiling water around the artichokes. Cover with lid or possibly foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min, or possibly till artichokes are tender.
- Remove artichokes from baking dish and place on rack; cold to room temperature.
- Makes four servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 195g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 267||46%|
|Total Fat 29.98g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 5.69g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.84g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||22%|