- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 2 cups (260g) raw Almonds* (finely ground)
- . 1/2 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- . 2 xLarge egg whites (room temp.)
- . 4 tsps. (20ml) pure Almond extract
- . 24 raw almonds (optional decor)
- . * Whole almonds should be measured flush in the cup before grinding.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Prepare a large parchment lined baking sheet. Position rack in the center of the oven.
- . In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until a combined paste is well formed.
- Use a teaspoon or better yet...use a small #60 (melon ball size) ice-cream scoop to properly portion 24 cookies. Press the paste into the scoop, level and release. Place them onto a cookie sheet and leave them evenly apart. Note: these cookies don't spread...they'll remain the same size. Decor: If desired, place and gently insert an almond on top of each cookie.
- . BAKE for 17 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them completely cool on the pan before transferring them onto a rack.
- . Storing and Serving suggestions: They are best eaten in their crunchier state. Leave them uncovered in a plate for up to 5 days or...freeze them into their original baking paper and into an airtight plastic freezer bag. They never freeze solid, therefore, get them out for 15 minutes and they'll be ready to serve.
- . Enjoy Claudia's flavourful baking treats...FOODESSA.com