- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 2 cups (220g) Almond meal
- . 1/2 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- . 1.5oz. (45g) bittersweet (65-70%) chocolate, grated
- . 2 xLarge (80ml) egg whites (room temp.)
- . 2 tsps. (10ml) pure Almond extract
- . 2 tsps. (10ml) pure Vanilla extract
- . 12 raw almonds
- . 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- . Note: Whole skin almonds should be measured flush in the cup before grinding.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Prepare a large parchment lined baking sheet. Position rack in the center of the oven.
- . In a medium bowl, mix ALL ingredients until a combined paste is well formed.
- . Use a teaspoon or better yet...use a small #60 (melon ball size) ice-cream scoop to properly portion 24 cookies. Press the paste into the scoop, level and release.
- . Place them evenly apart onto a cookie sheet. Note: these cookies don't spread...they'll remain the same size.
- Gently insert the whole almonds on the surfaces of half the amount of cookies. As well, generously insert the almond slices on the other half of the cookies.
- . BAKE for 17 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them completely cool on the pan before transferring them onto a rack.
- . Serving and storing: These cookies will be ready to eat within the hour. They are best eaten in their crunchier state. Leave them uncovered in a plate for up to 5 days or freeze them into their original baking paper and into an airtight plastic freezer bag. They never freeze solid, therefore, get them out for about 15 minutes and they'll be ready to serve.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com