United States Chef
Robyn Savoie Profile
Cookaholic & GSPointer Lover
I'm a classic Scorpio. Don't let that intimidate you, it just spices things up. I have two older brothers, 2 nieces and 1 nephew. Also 2 honorably adopted nieces. I use cooking and baking as form of relaxation. It helps to reset my focus and drive after a long day in the office. I love spending time with friends, getting outside with my bird dogs and cuddling with them on the couch. I'm not afraid to admit, I love collecting recipes.
"You're never to young to start cooking, so pull up a chair," my mother would say. She would have us (brothers too) stand on a chair and watch her cook. We would help as needed, different jobs depending on age. After that, it seemed to come naturally. Loved looking through cookbooks, watching various programs on T.V./Cable.
Now you know how it all started. I'm open to try anything, except Sushi. It does not appeal to me. My favorites are Asian (Thai, Japanese and Chinese), some Vietnamese and Korean; Mediterranean (Greek, Italian & French); last but not least Latin.
I spend time with my friends going out to lunch/dinner. I have no problem with some of the commercialized outfits, but I look for different eateries at the same time. You will find some of the best food in the most unexpected places. My motto, don't let outward appearances fool you. I have found some Bars (yes you heard me) that have a fabulous little menu.
While I love to go out and experience what others have to offer. My family and friends all know, talk to me if they want something different at their next get together.
- Hershey's Best Cakes (Hershey Food Corp.)
- A collection of chocolate recipes to die for.
- Primal Grill (Steven Raichlen)
- A collection of recipes and grilling techniques.
- Pork...The Other White Meat (National Pork Board)
- Mexican "Healthy Ways with a Flavorful Cuisine" (Jane Milton)
- A complete guide to the fiery and flavorful cuisine that has become a world favorite.
- The Ultimate Chinese & Asian Cookbook (Joanna Lorenz)
- Enticing stir-fries and sensational aromatic dishes from the east.
Chefs I recommend
- Jacques Pepin
- An award-winning French chef, television personality, and author working in the United States.
- Adam Siegel (Milwaukee, WI)
- Helmed kitchens at Lake Park Bistro, Northpoint Custard and Bacchus and has become a key player in the Bartolotta Restaurants team, received a James Beard Award in 2008.
- Rich Alvarado (Oak Creek, WI)
- Executive Chef at Harbour Village
Restaurants I Recommend
- Riviera Maya (Bay View, WI)
- Serving Fantastic Margaritas & Authentic Mexican Food.
- Cafe Centraal (Bay View, WI)
- Located on the corner of KK and Lincoln, this unique destination boasts one of the cities largest bier books and longest bars.
- Milwaukee Ale House (Milwaukee, WI)
- It's located in the Historic Third Ward. With patio seating and dock access from the Milwaukee River. Great place for a wide assortment of food and house brewed selection of ales and lagers. They also offer many national and international premium beers and wines.
- Rock Bottom Brewery (Milwaukee, WI)
- Located smack-in-the-middle of downtown, Rock Bottom Milwaukee sits right on the Riverwalk with easy access to professional and semi-pro sports at Bradley Center, U.S. Cellular Arena and Miller Field, as well as entertainment and recreation along the Milwaukee River waterfront.
- The Lakeside Restaurant & Lounge (Mukwonago, WI)
- Nestled on the shores of the scenic Phantom Lake at the end of Phantom Woods Road in Mukwonago. The Lakeside has be luring customers in with their GREAT food and a fun, friendly, relaxing, and inviting atmosphere since the summer of 1999. Whether you come by land or lake, in flip flops or high heels, a bikini or suit, their goal is to invite all who walk through our doors to feel comfortable, welcome, and to provide the best possible food & service.
- Anvil Pub & Grill (Cedarburg, WI)
- Nestled in the Cedar Creek Settlement’s restored 19th century blacksmith’s shop, the charmingly authentic Anvil Pub & Grille is a Cedarburg favorite for casual dining in a rustic atmosphere. The Anvil serves lunch and dinner daily. It specializes in Forge sandwiches (freshly baked sandwiches in our Stone Hearth Oven), steak burgers, salads, steaks, chicken and seafood. The full bar serves specialty beers, wines, martini’s and a Bloody Mary bar during Sunday brunch. The creekside patio offers seasonal dining overlooking Cedar Creek Waterfall.
- Aiden O'Reilly's Pub & Grill (Allenton, WI)
- I've been to O'reilliy's several times, both for dining and bellying up to the bar. Services has always been good. The staff is welcoming, personable and efficient. The food is good and the drinks are never watered down or over-iced. Prices are also very reasonable. They did a great job with the remodel as well. The place looks great!
- Bravo! Cucina Italiana (Brookfield, WI)
- Fabulous Italian food!
- Shanahan's Coffee House & Cafe (Mukwonago)
- They serve Colectivo (Alterra) coffee. Great signature drinks and serve breakfast. They also have fabulous sandwiches and salads. The employee's are polite and friendly, always willing to make your beverage or meal to order.
- Cedar Creek Winery (Cedarburg, WI)
- It's located in the historic Cedar Creek Settlement in downtown Cedarburg. I love all their wine but I recommend the Syrah, Spiced Wine, Waterfall Riesling and Pinot Grigio.
- White Winter Winery (Iron River, WI)
- White Winter Winery, a truly regional winery using locally grown fruit and honey to make Award Winning Honey Mead!
- Door Peninsula Winery (Carlsville, WI)
- If you wish to "Experience the Flavor of Door County in a Bottle." This is place to go.
- HookStone Winery (Hayward, WI)
- Bringing Napa to the Northwoods. While you're there, stop by the The National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame! You can climb the the world's largest fiberglass sculpture of the world's largest fish -- a fearsome muskie -- and the centerpiece of the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. Over four stories tall and as long as a Boeing 757, it is the biggest thing in a very small town.
- Cascade Winery & Jaden James Brewery (Kentwood)
- Cascade winery located in Kentwood Michigan is one of the first Urban wineries in Michigan. Along with wines since 2003 they also opened a brewery here as well; Jaden James Brewery. I was amazed, don't let the reviews on-line fool you. The raspberry chocolate silk desert wine is to die for. Try it! You won't be sorry. Also, if you want to have a bit of fun, try the jalapeno wine. They will insist on serving it last, guess why? You got it, not a full glass drink but maybe a shot. Best used in cooking, so have fun.
- Espresso Love Coffee (Mukwonago, WI)
- A cozy coffee shop to enjoy good company and great coffee! They offer coffees from locally owned and operated Colectivo (formaly Alterra), along with coffees from around the world. Espresso Love Coffee is known for their fantastic cappuccino and lattes. Their signature Raspberry Mocha “Whole Latte Love” is a favorite. For breakfast, try fresh bakery from Colectivo's Troubadour Bakery, awesome quiche and for lunch; delicious paninis and hand-crafted soups. Other favorites are their fruit smoothies and blended frappes available in many flavors.