A very quick meal to use green curry paste with, Kaeng Khieu Wan Pla or green curry of fish.This hassle free dish is a great dinner year round.
In addition to the ease involved in this meal, it's also a healthy dinner,because fish is lower in calories than meat and it's cooked without oil. .....
- Your Ingredients:
- (serves 4)
- Charmaine Solomon's Version:
- 1 lb or 500 grams fish steaks
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 sprig citrus leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 1 or 2 small green chillies, seeded and chopped(optional)
- 2 TB finely chopped fresh basil,finely chopped
- My variations:
- 1 lb or 500 grams fish fillets (pangasius catfish)
- Green curry paste, I make my own
- I exchange the citrus leaves for 1 Tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- For a milder version omit the chillies
- exchange the fresh basil for fresh coriander
- add a piece of ginger either sliced into thin strips or finely diced
- 1. Wash the fish well , slice the ginger and chillies. Bring coconut milk to a slight boil with curry paste, stirring constantly. Add the fish, reduce heat and simmer with ginger, citrus leaves, salt and fish sauce until the fish i cooked through, about 15 minutes. If exchanging the citrus leaves for the lime/lemon juice, wait until the fish is cooked all the way through to add the juice otherwise it will slow down the cooking.
- 2. Once the fish is cooked through, add chillies (optional) and fresh basil, and cook for another 5 minutes. I you are exchanging the basil for the fresh cilantro, add the cilantro on top when serving, or you can add both the basil and cilantro they go well together.
- Serve with steamed white rice and you're ready to enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 395g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 397||64%|
|Total Fat 46.23g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 29.4g||118%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|