This was a surprisingly excellent dish. The mixture of green curry, fish, and corn just seemed odd to me, but I had to try it. The result is delicious and a bit different from anything I've had before, The corn blends in wonderfully. We served this over a 50-50 mixture of brown and white jasmine rice. Delicious!
- 1 pound skinless halibut fillets, other firm white fish fillets, or bay scallops
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 whole shallot
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups (2 cobs) fresh or frozen, unthawed corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-inch pieces (if using bay scallops, just rinse and pat dry). Set aside.
- Peel tough outer leaves off the lemongrass, then trim 3 inches from tender bottom end of stalk. Chop this piece and put in a food processor. Trim root ends off the cilantro, then cut about 2 inches of stems off leaves and add to food processor; set cilantro leaves aside.
- Peel the ginger and cut into pieces; add to food processor. Peel the shallot and add to food processor. Whirl lemongrass, cilantro stems, ginger, and shallot in processor until finely minced.
- In a small bow, stir together juice of 1 1/2 limes (reserving the remainder), fish sauce, and sugar. Set ingredients aside.
- In a 3-to-4-quart saucepan, warm the oil over medium-high heat and add lemongrass mixture from food processor; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the broth and corn. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until corn is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste, then the coconut milk and lime juice mixture and let come to a boil. Stir in fish scallops, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until fish is cooked through, aout 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the basil and a handful of reserved cilantro leaves, reserved lime juice if desired, and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 255g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 160||55%|
|Total Fat 18.53g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8.91g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 7.15g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|