Cost per serving $0.03 view details
- Taro/Sato imo: 200 g (peeled)
- Egg white: 1
- Sugar: 60 g
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg yolk: 1
- Flour: 2 teaspoons
- Water (as much as needed)
- Macha tea powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime peel/zest: half a lime (finely chopped)
- 1-Cut the taro into practical-sized pieces and boil.
- Drain them thoroughly and mash into a smooth paste.
- 2-Beat into solid meringue the egg white, 2/3 of the sugar and the salt.
- 3-Add the rest (1/3) of the sugar to the mashed taro/sato imo, egg yolk and flour. Mix well. If the mixture proves a bit hard to mix, add water little by little until staifaction.
- 4-Add the meringue to the taro/satoimo and mix well.
- 5-Add the finely chopped lime zest and mix.
- Pour one half into a pound cake mold lined with kitchen paper.
- Add macha tea powder to the rest, mix and pour on top of the bottom layer.
- 6-Steam over a strong fire for 25 minutes.
- Check if cooked properly by stabbing the cake with a thin wooden skewer. It should come out clean. Switch off fire and let cool down completely
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 16g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.66g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|