Cost per recipe $1.01 view details
- I started eating oatmeal after getting a can of Irish steel-cut oats as a gag gift. Best gag gift ever!
- The directions included with the Irish oats suggest 4 c. of water to 1 c. oats, that is way too much for two people. 2 - 2/3 c. water and 2/3 c. oats gives two servings of 3 carbs each; 2 c. of water and half a c. of oats gives two servings of 2 carbs each.
- Salt is pretty essential to flavor, too - I cannot recall the suggested amounts, because we lighten it up a lot. Try 1/4 tsp. for the 2 carb serving.
- The best part is their cooking directions, though. They are to boil the water the night before, stir in the oats and salt, cover and let sit overnight. In the morning, bring to a simmer for 9-12 min, stirring occasionally. Very little slime, with a nutty taste and a chewy texture.
- We like to add in a bit of chili-flavored honey at the table. Yum!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1104g|
|Calories from Fat 90||15%|
|Total Fat 10.76g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 103.38g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||55%|