This tasty piccata recipe can be made with any white fish...sole, flounder, tilapia, etc. It's simple and very fresh tasting. It goes great with my Basmati Rice with Herbs recipe...as the light lemon flavor blends very well with the pungent herbs.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds sole fillets
- 6 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. (dredging means: place flour on a plate and coat both sides of fish with flour)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add fish and cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Add wine, lemon juice, butter and capers to the pan and cook 1 min or until butter melts.
- Remove fish and sauce from pan.
- Saute spinach in pan for 1 minute after fish is removed.
- Serve spinach and fish together.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 389g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 142||34%|
|Total Fat 16.04g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.41g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.49g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|