Are you looking for a simple yet tasty vegetable side dish? This one might just become a favorite. We first tasted a similar recipe at a place in the LA area called Koo Koo Roo. It’s a casual chicken restaurant offering the most amazing skinless chicken and many wonderful, healthy side dishes, like this one. We’ve recreated these delectable green beans. The skinny on 1 serving is just 48 calories, 2 grams of fat, and only 1 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. There’s a lot of flavor in such low facts!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1Â½ tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the beans and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 8-10 minutes until tender crisp.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, saute garlic and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat just until light brown. Add beans and toss to coat.
- Remove beans from heat and place beans in a serving dish. Add Â½ tablespoon butter and let melt over beans. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 239g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||24%|
|Total Fat 5.19g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.83g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.85g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.7g||36%|