Cost per recipe $4.88 view details
- 2 c. water
- 16 lg. garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 quart. water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 pound baby carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp. butter (1/4 stick)
- Freshly grnd pepper
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 275 degrees. Bring 2 c. water to boil in small saucepan. Add in garlic. Boil 3 min. Drain, peel garlic. Heat oil in heavy small ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic, cover skillet loosely with foil. Place in oven and bake 30 min. Remove foil and bake garlic till golden and knife pierces centers easily, 15 min.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water till just tender, about 4 min. Drain. Refresh under cool water, drain. Set beans aside.
- Bring 1 qt water to boil in medium saucepan with sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add in carrots and cook till just tender, about 10 min. Drain and cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Combine garlic, beans and carrots. Cover and chill.)
- Heat butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, beans and carrots and saute/fry till heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm. Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2200g|
|Calories from Fat 349||35%|
|Total Fat 39.77g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 16.83g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 136.17g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 42.7g||142%|