The perfect compliment to my Raspberry White Velvet Cake.
As with the cake, the icing can be flavored the same with chocolate or fresh berries.
For the best results with the icing, use Crisco and not store brand shortening. Make sure to mix the icing at least 15-20 minutes for silky and creamy icing.
If you intend to decorate the cake with flowers and such, the icing can be thinned using 2 tbsp. of evaporated milk or water. (I recommend evap. milk to keep the creamy texture.)
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp. CLEAR Vanilla
- 1/2 c. (1 stick ) butter,unsalted, room temp.
- 8 tbsp. evaporated milk
- 1 (1 lb. box) confectioner's sugar.....(this is equal to 4 cups)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. meringue powder
- 4-6 tbsp. raspberry extract
- Cream shortening, butter, milk, and extracts until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients, gradually adding confectioner's sugar.
- Once well incorporated, mix for 15-20 minutes for silky, creamy icing.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 451g|
|Calories from Fat 2705||96%|
|Total Fat 306.59g||383%|
|Saturated Fat 111.73g||447%|
|Trans Fat 68.51g|
|Total Carbs 13.52g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|