You’ll never try another rainbow cake after this.This I can promise you!So call it Rainbow - Cake from baketitude.
Colour therapy in all its glory...
Colour therapy to its best!
One time when grown women got so excited and almost desperate to see the colour pattern inside the cake that they couldn't wait even 10 minutes to let it cool...
One time when a destroyed cake top didn't faze anyone...
One time when the taste was secondary...Totally!
That's what colours do to you...
Make you HAPPY!
- 2 Â½ cups/400 Gms plain flour
- 1 Â¼ cups/200 Gms caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Â¾ tsp baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 6 tbsp sour yogurt (at room temperature)
- Â¾ cup/150 Gms melted and cooled butter
- 1 Â½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Â½ cups/350 mils milk at room temperature
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Â¼ tsp liquid food colour-6 colours
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Start with the flour, the salt, the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda-sift them twice and set aside.
- Grease and flour a round baking dish suitable for a microwave.
- Put the yogurt and sugar in a large bowl .We ground the sugar to a fine powder to make blending easier.
- Now add the melted butter.Blend well with a hand held whisk. Add the vanilla.
- Mix the flour mixture and the milk alternately till all is used up. Lastly add the vinegar.
- Keep 5 bowls at the ready, and put the liquid food colour in the bowls. Be generous-whoever saw and loved a pale rainbow?
- Now place almost 2-3 ladles full of batter in each bowl, the remaining batter can be coloured with the sixth colour.
- I made violet by mixing blue and raspberry red.Ensure the colour is well blended.
- One colour at a time, pour the batter into the center of the dish.
- The next colour into the center of 6the batter previously poured in. The heat will deliver all the colours like a rainbowâ¦
- Now 80% power in your microwave with a glass of water for companyâ¦.
- Go for 14-16 minutes. This was midwayâ¦youâll know itâs done when the cake leaves the sides.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 105||52%|
|Total Fat 12.01g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.49g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.32g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|