This is a great hearty Vegetarian meal Burger.
The same amount of protein as a normal Burger, A ton of Fiber which is a must in my books.
And so Flavorful,
The Carrot adds such wonderful Color
I Love Mexican Flavors I made mine more mexican Fun!
I used Roasted red pepper Thin Burger buns for a little extra Flavor
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 cups of black beans- I used canned
- 1.5 cups of organic low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- toasted whole grain buns or bread for serving
- Bring the Broth and Lime juice to a boil, add quinoa. cook 15 minutes on low. remove from heat. let sit 5 minutes and fluff with Fork.
- As the quinoa cooks, mash the black beans and add remaining ingredients, including the cooked quinoa.
- Using your hands form into patties and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan on Medium heat, add a touch of Olive oil so they wont sit and cook on each side 5 minutes or til warm through out.
- Put on toasted Buns and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||9%|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.49g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.93g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||35%|