Cost per serving $1.25 view details
- 1/4 c. toasted wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 3 c. fat-free lowfat milk
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon - (to 1 1/2)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg - (to 1/4)
- 2 c. Quaker Oats (quick or possibly old-fashioned) uncooked
- 1Â 1/4 c. minced thawed frzn peaches
- Â Â (or possibly liquid removed canned peaches)
- 1 ct lowfat or possibly fat-free vanilla yogur
- For topping, combine wheat germ, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- For oatmeal, bring lowfat milk, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to a boil in medium saucepan; stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 min for old-fashioned oats, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peaches. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, till peaches are heated through and most of liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Top with wheat germ mix and yogurt.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 323g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||13%|
|Total Fat 5.58g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.79g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 72.26g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|