Cost per serving $3.13 view details
- 8 x Cipollini onions peeled
- Â Â Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 lb Assorted root vegetables peeled, minced
- Â Â (such white potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, celery root, and carrots)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 6 ounce Bacon slab cut 1/8" cubes
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 c. Fresh field peas cooked until tender
- Â Â (or possibly dry black eyed peas)
- 1 c. veal reduction
- 1 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh parsley leaves plus extra
- Â Â for garnish
- 8 x Pork loins - (3 ounce ea)
- Â Â Bayou Blast see * Note
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 x Large eggs beaten with
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 2 c. Fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 c. Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the onions with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast till tender, about 15 to 20 min. Remove from the oven and cold.
- Place the root vegetables in a saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt. Place the pan, over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook till tender, about 10 to 12 min. Remove from the heat and drain. Place the vegetables back in the pan, over the heat. Stir the vegetables for a couple of min to remove any excess water. Season with salt and white pepper. Add in the butter and cream. Using a hand masher, mash the vegetables till smooth. Reseason with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep hot.
- In a large saute/fry pan, over medium heat, render the bacon till crispy, about 6 to 8 min. Add in the roasted onions, garlic and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 2 min. Add in the reduction and bring the mix to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the parsley and keep hot.
- Place each pork loin, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, lb. out the pork till 1/4-inch. Remove the pork from the plastic wrap and season both sides with Bayou Blast. Season the flour, egg wash and bread crumbs with the Creole seasoning. Dredge the pork in the seasoned flour. Dip each piece of pork in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the pork in the seasoned bread crumbs, coating completely.
- In two large saute/fry pans, heat 1/2 c. of the oil in each pan, over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add in the pork and pan-fry till golden brown, about 3 min on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Emeril's essence. Reheat the vegetables and relish.
- To serve, spoon the mashed root vegetables in the center of each plate. Spoon the relish around the vegetables. Lay two pcs of pork directly on top of each pile of potatoes. Garish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish".
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 395g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1034||66%|
|Total Fat 116.32g||145%|
|Saturated Fat 29.8g||119%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 88.02g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|