Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 2 red peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 shallot
- 50g pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 200g wholegrain basmati rice
- 50g green olives, pitted
- 200ml passata (pureed, sieved tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- PRE-HEAT THE OVEN TO 190ËC/170ËC FAN/GAS 5
- Wash, halve and deseed the peppers. Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brush the inside of each pepper and sprinkle lightly with salt. Put the peppers cut-side-up in a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. Wash and tear the basil leaves. Slice the olives. Cut the pecorino into thin flakes.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of oil in a small pan. Add the shallot and basil leaves and sprinkle with salt. Cook for a 3-4 minutes or until the shallot has softened.
- Add the passata and a little water. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the rice and dress with the tomato and basil sauce. Add the olives and pecorino and season with a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the softened peppers and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Return the peppers to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, wash and chop the parsley.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 122g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||42%|
|Total Fat 14.96g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.95g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.04g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|