Cost per recipe $8.95 view details
- 1 lg. head escarole or possibly 2 sm. ones
- 1 pound sweet sausage (Italian)
- 5-6 lg. cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 med.-lg. onion, minced
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fusilli macaroni
- Grated cheese (Parmesan)
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and fresh grnd pepper
- 1. Wash escarole leaves thoroughly. Break into bite sized pcs. Cook in boiling water till fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. With sharp serrated knife, cut sausage into slices about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- 3. In a large frying pan, combine sausage, garlic, onion, raisins and escarole. Add in extra virgin olive oil. Cover and cook over fairly low flame till sausage is cooked.
- 4. In individual dishes, serve the fusilli, topped with the sausage-escarole mix. (Mix them together slightly.) Sprinkle grated cheese and bread crumbs liberally (equal amounts) over macaroni. Add in a healthy dose of black pepper, freshly grnd. Enjoy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1086g|
|Calories from Fat 1902||46%|
|Total Fat 212.69g||266%|
|Saturated Fat 65.82g||263%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 412.07g||110%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.9g||60%|