Cost per serving $1.97 view details
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. sugar plus
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 6 lrg egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. dark rum
- 36 x fresh Loganberries
- Â Â Sugar for glazing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and set a rack in the middle.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c. of the sugar, and the melted butter. Divide the mix among 4 (1-c.) custard c. and press down to create a crust on the bottom.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and 1 Tbsp. of the remaining Tbsp. of sugar. Scald and remove from the heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yolks, the remaining Tbsp. of sugar, vanilla, and rum. Whisk lightly, just to combine.
- Whisking lightly, gradually drizzle the scalded cream mix into the egg mix to hot it without scrambling the Large eggs. Strain the mix and pour into custard c.. Place 6 Loganberries in each c., dunking them so they are coated with custard.
- Arrange the c. in a roasting pan and pour in warm water halfway up the sides. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 to 40 min, or possibly till the custards are set. Cold in the pan, then chill, covered, up to 2 days ahead.
- If desired, sprinkle a light layer of sugar over each custard and place under a preheated broiler for about 2 to 4 min, watching which they do not burn. Serve immediately after glazing.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 436||61%|
|Total Fat 49.28g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 26.29g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.96g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|