Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 4 scallions, white bulbs and green tops cut separately into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 1. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry, and the 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, water, and the remaining 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sherry, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- 3. In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the peanuts and stir-fry until light brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from the pan. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the white part of the scallions and the red-pepper flakes to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chicken with its marinade and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the soy-sauce mixture and the scallion tops and simmer until the chicken is just done, about 1 minute longer. Stir in the peanuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 200g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||51%|
|Total Fat 19.89g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.74g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.21g|
|Total Carbs 11.58g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|