- 3 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 6 lrg , well proportioned green or possibly red bell peppers
- 1 lb grnd turkey, browned in a pan.
- 1 med to large onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. thinly sliced clv garlic
- 1 c. plain cooked rice (any type of long grain rice works well)
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dry thyme
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. dry oregano
- 1 dsh Tabasco Salt and freshly grnd black or possibly mixed pepper to your personal taste About 12 ounces of homemade tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- Slice stems and tops off green peppers. Remove seeds and white membranes.
- Rinse and set aside to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place onion and garlic in a non-stick skillet with broth. Saute/fry over low heat till tender. Add in browned grnd turkey. Fold in cooked rice, brown sugar, vinegar, all spices, and about 1/4 c. of the tomato sauce. Stuff peppers with the meat mix. Place upright in a 2-qt casserole dish which has been coated with cooking spray. Place any remaining mix around the peppers in the dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and sprinkle cheeses and fresh basil over the top. Bake 5-10 min more or possibly till the cheese melts.