Let the ingredients illuminate your imagination. Beets -- Carrots -- Cauliflower -- Onions -- Peppers -- Potatoes. Don't be afraid to forgo some ingredients and just use what you got.
For a dedicated post...refer here:
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . > Gather enough vegetables to fill up a large baking sheet: Beets, Carrots, Onions and Potatoes
- . Vegetables roasted with a MARINADE consisting of generous splashes of: fortified Sherry wine, Balsamic vinegar, e.v. Olive oil, dollop of Dijon mustard, lemon marmelade as well as Seasoning: - generous sprinkles of each: sea salt, granulated garlic powder, dried herbs : basil, marjoram, rosemary, tarragon
- . 3 large Bell Peppers * (halved lengthwise and cleaned out)
- . Cheese variation: strong Cheddar, Friulano (mild Italian cheese), Parmesan (about a cup grated and packed)
- .* Note: Bell peppers of the green variety is usually not recommended for this type of recipe. It has a tendency to turn a less appealing discoloration and does not hold the same sweet flavour.
- . Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C/Gas5. Get a large baking sheet ready. Position oven rack on the 2nd level from the bottom.
- .> Part-1
- . Cut vegetables into medium size pieces and place into a very large bowl. Pour the MARINADE over top and toss all vegetables to fully coat them. Once the oven has reached its temperature, spread the vegetables evenly throughout the pan. Roast for the first 40 minutes. Afterwards, remove the pan and give the vegetables a toss. Roast for another 20 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender. Cool the vegetables to room temperature before placing them into the food processor to get puréed with all the seasoning. Note: this could have been done a day or two ahead and the peppers stuffed when you need them.
- .> Part-2 - meanwhile:
- . Using a small-medium saucepan, prepare to lightly steam the six halved peppers for no more than 10 minutes. Take them out to slightly cool. This step could be skipped, however it will not only reduce the amount of oven cooking time, it also preserves more nutrients and helps keep the vibrant color. At the same time, the stuffing won't have a chance to over-dry.
- .> Part-3 - Assembly:
- . Prepare a lightly oiled 9x12inch (23x30cm) shallow, oven proof dish. Position oven rack on the 2nd level from the bottom. Stuff the peppers by packing in the roasted vegetable purée evenly throughout the pepper cavities. Place and snuggle all six pepper halves into the pan and sprinkle the grated cheeses equally.
- . Bake at 375F/190C/Gas5 for 30 minutes. Close the oven heat and leave them rest for another 15 minutes without ever opening the oven door during the whole time. Serve and enjoy.
- . Happing cooking from Claudia's Kitchen...FOODESSA.com